That happened.

Monday, October 27, 2014

A few things happened while I have been living and not blogging.  So here is a quick run down of it all…

SONY DSC                       SONY DSC

  1. Gunner turned one! Crazy. He is a spitfire. He now walks (check out my Instagram for the video of his first steps.) which means he now gets into everything. I started the dreaded time outs. He sure does love them. He likes to show me just how much he does by throw epic tantrums. They are oh so wonderful. But regardless of the toddlering around he does. He is a sweet kid. Loves to laugh and make you laugh. Loves to be the center of attention. He is currently obsessed with trucks especially the big metal old school ones that Cody dug out of his moms basement that use to be his. SONY DSC                       SONY DSC
  2. Wyatt turned 6! HOLY blow my mind I have a six year old. He is in kindergarten and is doing really well. He reads now. He has homework now. and he is making a ton of new friends and has a few play dates. He still is a picky eater, still very emotional but is starting to talk more to other people besides just dad and I. He is totally killing it at karate. We moved him into a whole new studio after he ended preschool which has done wonders for him. He is currently a blue belt with a white stripe and he has comas now. (it’s a crazy weapon he gets to swing around in class.Mothers love it.) SONY DSC                       SONY DSC                       SONY DSC
  3. Cody turned 30. That is just weird to me. I cant be married to a 30 year old. I’m still so young. Hey you want to know what makes you feel real old. Going to your first parent teacher conference. That there is what brings it all into perspective. Because I remember going to those with my parents not that long ago. SONY DSC                       SONY DSC                       SONY DSC                       SONY DSC
  4. So I am finally enjoying working part time (like 9-12 hours a week.) I get why mothers stay home now. I am starting to get my house under control. I got to be here when Gunner walked for the first time and I am less stressed. I never thought that I would enjoy being home. I always thought I needed that “success” to feel good about myself. But what I have learned is that being successful isn’t tied to a job title but to the personal goals you set for yourself. (hopefully I’ll talk more about this in its own post.)SONY DSC                       SONY DSC                       SONY DSC                       SONY DSC
  5. My cat of 8 years Buddy who was a little kitten that I raised with Cody died. It was the hardest thing I dealt with. I mean I have had animals pass before but this was different because he was my baby. He had a bladder issue which we did the surgery to clear out all the grit but he took a long time to wake up from the anesthesia which basically made him brain dead so we made the choice to put him down and man I stayed in the room while they did so he’d have his mom with him and it was soo hard. So hard to say good bye. I still think of him and miss him every day.SONY DSC                       SONY DSC                       SONY DSC
  6. A month later we got some new kittens to add to our family. They are a delight. The first kitten we named Ms. Fluffy Pants. She is the fluffiest cat ever. Full of energy and is the first to try new things. She starting to get along with the dogs and loves to cuddle. Our second kitten is name Sinkerdoddles. She is a scaredy cat. Hides from everyone and takes awhile to trust anyone. Most days she hides under the couch. SONY DSC
  7. I ran my first 5k in September and became addicted to running. It has been great! So great that I skipped doing a 10k and went straight for a half marathon that I just completed on Saturday. And man does it deserves its own post because the sheer power of getting it done is just crazy. I still cant really move comfortably. My legs are jelly.SONY DSC
  8. We finally built the swing set in our backyard which the kids love and we just built a new shed back there too. In the spring we will be stating the add on. We are adding on 2 bedrooms and a huge living room which I just can’t wait because our house seems to be getting smaller and smaller. It could be that we now have 3 cats 2 dogs 2 kids and a husband plus all the junk that comes with that. Phew we have a house full.SONY DSC

Well that’s the jest of it. I hope to go into a little more detail in upcoming posts but don’t most bloggers say that now. So for now I hope you enjoyed this quick update. (all pictures from the Color run 5K I did in September.)

No comments :

Post a Comment