Our vacation in one post… phew.

Saturday, October 19, 2013

So we are back from Disneyland. It was a great vacation and if you followed me on instagram you probably have seen all of the vacation photos I took because I didn't even use my big camera I lugged around.
(Also this is very wordy and jumbled all together post. So if you read the whole thing we will be best friends forever!)

So how did the kids do with us driving the 12 hour plus trip to Cali? You may ask. Well they did actually quite well. Our planned was to leave at 4am Sunday morning after Cody’s paper route but turned out the papers were delivered to him late which made us late. Then we still had to load the truck and tarp it down so 4 hours later we left. Yay.


Then as we were driving Cody asked if I grabbed his wallet? Yeah sooo we had to turn around and drive an hour or so back home to pick up his wallet. ::face palm::

As we started off again the tarp kept flipping up so we stopped a few times to fix that plus we stopped for meals. We finally arrived to our hotel at 10:30ish but we were surprised that we never stopped because of the kids. That's pretty good for having a 4 week old and a 5 year old. I am just grateful to my mother in law who came with us to help with them oh and I am also grateful for all the milk I pumped for this trip, that would have suck to stop and breastfeed every two hours. But my god when we got to the hotel my boobs about burst with the over filled milk they were carrying. They hurt bad.

The first night in the hotel wasn't that bad either. Gunner slept for the most of the night but my god Cody’s mom can snore. It was so loud I had  to plug my ears to actually get to sleep. I thought she’d drown out the sound of Gunner’s cry and I wouldn't hear him in the middle of the night. How Cody’s dad deals with that is beyond me. I am happy that Cody doesn't snore. dl2dl16

Our first day in Disney was alright. There was a ton of people more then I thought there’d be because of the UEAH weekend. So we waited in long lines, Gunner stayed in his wrapped for just a few hours and I was grateful for the nursing center they had there (OMG, if you ever go there and have kids under 3 find this center it was AMAZING! I could have stay in there all day and wouldn’t have cared that I missed any rides. Man, I am such a mom.)  Cody and Wyatt had a blast on the rides. Wyatt rode as much as he could. He was scared of the Matterhorn and Space Mountain. Which surprised me because he loved the Matterhorn last time we were there when he was 3.  Oh, and when your kid tells you he has to pee just get out of line regardless of how long you’ve been waiting. Poor Wyatt had to pee the entire time we were in line for splash mountain. I am just glad he actually held it until after we got off the ride because that line just kept going and going and going. He is such a trooper. We got back to the hotel by 11pm we are those people who go right when it opens and stays there until they close. Yep, even did that with Gunner. Oh ps food in the park is expensive and tastes cheap. We got one whole pizza to feed as all for $40 plus dollars and it was tasteless. ugh…


Our second day there was on Wyatt’s official 5th birthday. (I have a 5 year old WHAT?!?!) So we woke him up by singing him happy birthday then we dressed him in his birthday shirt and we were off to Disneyland. Right as we walked in, Mickey was there.  So that was awesome! Wyatt was excited to see him plus he met Pluto. Other than that we really didn't see many more characters but we weren't really looking either. We were all about the rides. Wyatt would say “its my birthday so I get to choose what rides we go on.” So that's how we did it. He loved Star tours and the Mr toads ride. He did those a few times. This was also the night they closed the park early for the Halloween party.


So we went and ate at the Rain Forrest Cafe then went back to the hotel and dressed up and went back to Disneyland to trick or treat. Gunner still did great. Slept in his solly wrap for most of the day and was awake to see part of the trick or treating and again nursing room AMAZING. Also it doesn't hurt to have your MIL there to help watch the babe so I could ride some rides too.  Plus while Cody and his mom shopped the shops they took Gunner too so I had one on one moments with Wyatt which was nice but strange too. Oh man did we made out with a ton of trick or treating candy. Four huge bags and the firework show… awesome. We got back to the hotel late again and we all hit the hay fast. Gunner though thought that it would be a good time to stay up so I was sorta in a daze while feeding him. I’d find myself asleep with him next time me not realizing I was still nursing.


Our third and last day was spent all at California Adventure. I was mostly with Gunner because really I was tired. So I spent a lot of time in the nursing center and again found my self asleep while nursing. But oh my it was air conditioned and had rocking chairs so how could I not. Wyatt loved the cars ride and hated the Tower of Terror which I rode with him. (that was my favorite ride.) He cried when it was over not a full on cry but tears of terror. (ha see what I did there but no just a few tears.) We rode as many rides as we could and then we watch the World of Color show. OH MY! That was seriously cool! Loved the whole thing. Gunner though thought that it would be a great time to have a huge poopy diaper so that was fun changing him in front of all those people in the dark on the ground.  Talk about not caring and just reacting. Being a mom the second time around brings much more confidence and a lot less caring of what people think.


My favorite parts of the trip were watching Wyatt being such a big boy and riding all the big rides with his dad and how excited he was about them all. I loved the sweet comments we’d get about Baby Guns. The “oh how tiny, how old, how cute” It made me a proud momma. I also loved the nursing center and the color show. I also enjoyed my MIL which if you know me, surprised me. It was nice seeing her being a grandma. It also made me trust my husband more. To watch him with Wyatt and Gunner especially driving us to and from there was nice. The quite talks we’d get in the car while everyone was asleep and of course singing along to the music.


But you know, the best part about rode tripping with my boys, is the potty breaks on the side of the rode. We even got home in good time and stopped only twice for Gunner. I could do more trips like this as a family of four (I’d even do it without the extra emergency MIL we had for the “just in case” moments.)


No comments :

Post a Comment